“Open hearts… Open Minds… Open doors…” Those are the words that United Methodists have used to describe how they seek to follow Jesus Christ. I would invite you to consider the word “open” as an active verb, and Delano United Methodist Church as the place where God’s Spirit opens hearts, opens minds, and opens doors to new possibilities. What if…
- Church wasn’t just a building, but thousands of doors… each opening to a different concept or experience of church?
- Church wasn’t just a place we go, but something we do? A menu of adventure? An active verb instead of a noun?
- We rethink church, not in terms of what it is, but what it could be. And what if we can convince the world to do the same
- Church was less about Sunday and more about the other days of the week?
- Church was the way church was in the beginning: an out bound, unbound, activist social network?
This is how Delano United Methodist Church seeks to rethink church in this new millennium.
Worship is on Sunday mornings at 10:30 am (childcare is available during worship).